In this privacy statement, we explain what we do with the data we obtain about you via https://edfp.ie. We recommend you carefully read this statement. In our processing we comply with the requirements of privacy legislation. That means, among other things, that:
- we clearly state the purposes for which we process personal data. We do this by means of this privacy statement;
- we aim to limit our collection of personal data to only the personal data required for legitimate purposes;
- we first request your explicit consent to process your personal data in cases requiring your consent;
- we take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and also require this from parties that process personal data on our behalf;
- we respect your right to access your personal data or have it corrected or deleted, at your request.
If you have any questions, or want to know exactly what data we keep of you, please contact us.
Docal Ltd., t/a DFP Pension & Investment Consultants (hereinafter ‘DFP’) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. It is the intention of this privacy statement to explain to you the information practices of DFP in relation to the information we collect about you.
For the purposes of the GDPR the data controller is:
Docal Ltd, t/a DFP Pension & Investment Consultants
Quayside Business Park,
Ph: 042 9329300
Please read this statement carefully as this sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us.
WHO ARE WE?
The DFP Group, with offices in Dundalk and Dublin, are a financial advisory firm operating in the Irish market, specialising in the area of advice regarding pensions and investments.
As a business, we pride ourselves on the expertise and reputation we have established over the years.
DFP offers a broad range of services to clients, specialising in Pre and Post Retirement planning. Our sister company Platinum Pensioneer Trustees Ltd, is a Revenue approved Trustee which allows us to establish Small Self-Administered Pension Schemes and act as a Corporate Trustee.
Our Data Protection Officer / GDPR Owner and data protection representatives can be contacted directly here:
PURPOSE FOR PROCESSING YOUR DATA
DFP will treat all personal information given to us as confidential information and we will not disclose such information except as permitted by you or as required by law. The personal data you provide us will be held on paper and electronically and will only be used for the purposes permitted under relevant Data Protection law.
We will process any personal data you provide us for the following reasons:
- To contact you in relation to our services.
- To provide you with information regarding our main financial and ancillary services offered by us or any of our sister companies.
- To respond to any queries you submit to us.
- To send you newsletters or other forms of communication in relation to services and products.
- Where you have consented to sharing of your information with third parties we will permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post, email or telephone.
WHY DO DFP NEED TO COLLECT AND STORE PERSONAL DATA?
In order for us to provide you with financial advice we need to collect personal data for processing of policies of insurance or any other related financial service we may offer to provide for you within our authorisation remit. In any event, we are committed to ensuring that the information we collect and use is appropriate for this purpose, and does not constitute an invasion of your privacy.
In terms of being contacted for marketing purposes, DFP would contact you separately for additional consent.
We have conducted a Data Processing Agreement with Google.
We are committed to the security of personal data. We take appropriate security measures to limit abuse of and unauthorized access to personal data. This ensures that only the necessary persons have access to your data, that access to the data is protected, and that our security measures are regularly reviewed.
This privacy statement does not apply to third-party websites connected by links on our website. We cannot guarantee that these third parties handle your personal data in a reliable or secure manner. We recommend you read the privacy statements of these websites prior to making use of these websites.
Amendments to this privacy statement
We reserve the right to make amendments to this privacy statement. It is recommended that you consult this privacy statement regularly in order to be aware of any changes. In addition, we will actively inform you wherever possible.
Accessing and modifying your data
If you have any questions or want to know which personal data we have about you, please contact us. You can contact us using the information below. You have the following rights:
- You have the right to know why your personal data is needed, what will happen to it and how long it will be retained for.
- Right of access: You have the right to access your personal data that is known to us.
- Right of rectification: You have the right to supplement, correct, have deleted or blocked your personal data whenever you wish.
- If you give us your consent to process your data, you have the right to revoke that consent.
- If you are not satisfied with the way in which we handle (a complaint about) the processing of your personal data, you have the right to submit a complaint to the Data Protection Authority.
Our website uses specialist security software – Shield Security. This helps to ensure data breaches do not occur
and our website and data are protected against hacking attempts and intrusion.
Shield Security protects site visitors and works to block potential hacks while monitoring web traffic and filesystem changes.
The learn more about Shield Security, please follow this link.
- The Shield Security
plugin never stores any sensitive, personally identifiable information in any cookie at any time.
- In the case that the Shield Security plugin needs to redirect a visitor or any request, it may use a cookie to prevent repeated/infinite redirect loops.
- For registered/logged-in users, the Shield Security plugin uses a cookie to track user sessions and control display of certain in-plugin admin notices.
security badge to prevent repeated display.
Data Storage: User Sessions
For logged-in users, the Shield Security plugin stores information on the username, the IP address and the time of last login and last activity.
This information is purged upon logout or data cleanup.
Data Storage: Audit Trail
The Shield Security plugin has an Audit Trail feature that will log the following information:
- Audit Trail message that may include email addresses
- Logged-in username (where applicable)
- Originating IP address of the request
For logged-in users this represents information that may be used to locate (by IP address) and identify individuals and their activity on the site.
This information is stored for security purposes by the site administrator.
This data will be retained and then automatically purged from the database after a fixed time period,
as determined by the site administrator. (Currently this is set to 14 days.)
This site utilizes caching in order to facilitate a faster response time and better user experience. Caching potentially stores a duplicate copy of every web page that is on display on this site. All cache files are temporary and are never accessed by any third party, except as necessary to obtain technical support from the cache plugin vendor. Cache files expire on a schedule set by the site administrator, but may easily be purged by the admin before their natural expiration, if necessary.